West of Saylorville behind Puttmasters At The Pines:
2977 NW 66th Ave
Des Moines IA 50313
May 14-16, 2021
Weddings and vow renewals have been a part of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire since we began in 2004, and we have been hosting them at our other Renaissance festivals since 1992.
Our new northside location offers beautiful backdrops of a tree line, a lake, or even a forest setting under a canopy of trees. We have a covered shelter house, and are right next door to the indoor and climate controlled Saylorville Event Center which can accommodate up to 120 for a wedding or reception.
We even have an ordained Pope available for the ceremonies, as well as the royal court to assist in making it a true storybook experience.
Wedding Information Sheet
Following are a few key notes to couples who wish to get married or renew vows at one of our renaissance festivals in a themed style. These guidelines are good for either the Des Moines Renaissance Faire, the Iowa Renaissance Festival or the Nebraska Renaissance Faire.
- The ceremony is expected to fall into the style of a marriage that would occur between 1350 and 1650 (Medieval/Renaissance). You will be allowed to plan/design the actual ceremony in regards to wording, music, pageantry—if you do not wish to use ours.
- There will be a fee of $500 to cover the cost of honorarium to the clergy, minstrels, color guard, prep-time and decorations.
- The marriage must be a real one in the eyes of the State with appropriate license and other papers signed at the right times.
- If you don’t have a clergy person in mind, we can offer a sanctioned Lutheran pastor who is also an experienced Renaissance festival performer. You’ll stay in contact with him.
- You will have to be in period costume for the wedding ceremony and everyone in the wedding party up on the “altar” facing the audience/congregation must be in period costume. These can be made for you and kept permanently or just rented just for the day of need. We are open to the style of clothing—simple or elaborate, peasant or nobility.
- You will receive 15 free ticks to the festival for your immediate family/wedding party. Any other people invited to your wedding must pay at the gate or you may buy tickets for them at our discounted rate.
- You will be responsible for supplying your own personal frills, such as flowers, cake or champagne.
- Your marriage ceremony cannot last longer than 30 minutes, due to scheduling festival entertainment on the same stage space that day.
- You will not need to plan a meal for your wedding guest, if you wish to simply retire the group to our food court.
- You may choose the location of the ceremony on the festival grounds—if you do not wish to use the main stage.
- If you wish to have a private reception on site, we will need to know that in advance so it can be set up.
- If you choose thusly, the groom can be knighted and bride can have a ladyship bestowed upon her as part of the ceremony.
- Ask us about contact information for costume rental or custom designed gowns and outfits.
Feel free to call the festival office for questions or concerns: