West of Saylorville behind Puttmasters At The Pines:
2977 NW 66th Ave
Des Moines IA 50313
May 14-16, 2021
Last Updated: 4/24/2021
We support our community. Here are some examples of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire’s community involvement.
A “Thank You” to our faire family
- Central Families & Iowa’s Kidsfest – Several of our pirate characters (including the Pink Flamingo Crew) volunteered to be roaming costumed characters at this family-friendly event.
- Sign Donations for Local Businesses – When Covid concerns caused shutdowns of local restaurants, we offered up our sign shop services to make street signs for them. (like, “Open for Carry Out”)
- Des Moines Children’s Museum – (We were scheduled to be characters and read some stories, but this was cancelled due to Covid-19)
- Family Halloween Spooktacular – Our neighbors at the Saylorville Event Center created this new family event, and we volunteered some of our costumed characters, props, and even brought in a few of our vendors. (And provided creepy sound effects for their haunted forest walk.)
- 4/17/2021: Des Moines Children’s Museum – Over a dozen of our Faire family dressed up and volunteered at the unique Valley West Mall facility.
- 4/24/2021: Drive-Through Food Donation Drive – A food drive benefiting Food Bank of Iowa and Animal Rescue League.
- TENTATIVE: We are working out details to see if we can be a drop-off spot for food donations during our faire weekend. This would just be for dropping off donations, and would not involve attending our event. Details when we have them. (Most of our faire family will be tied up with the actual event so we may not be able to staff something like this, but we are trying to figure it out.)
- …and more to come!